About – First Christian Church
We are Disciples of Christ, a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ, we welcome all to the Lord’s table as God has welcomed us.
WHO WE ARE:
- We come to the Lord’s Table every Sunday to remember and celebrate our salvation.
- We baptize members when they become believers and are ready – this we do as a step toward becoming a “priesthood of all believers.”
- We are part of the greater Christian movement and work with other faith communities.
- We read and study the Scripture for ourselves, discussing it with one another so we can deepen our understanding.
- We honor our Christian ancestors by saying and demonstrating “Unity, not uniformity.”
- We believe that the work of our hands builds unified, peaceful, more just communities that support and protect all.